- 9.30am to 10am Introduction
- 10am to 10.30am Report writing styles
- 10.30am to 11am Shortening sentences
- 11.15am to 12noon Using verbs powerfully in reports
- 12noon to 12.30pm Cutting the waffle out of reports
- 1.30pm to 2pm Setting report objectives: the ‘key sentence’
- 2pm to 2.30pm Summarising a report
- 2.30pm to 4.30pm Bringing it together: writing a short report
Note: if you have been on the one-day ‘plain English course’ in the last year or so, you will find you have already covered some of the sections.
There will be a coffee break from 11am to 11.15am and lunch in the hotel restaurant from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
The course is designed to give delegates the skills and awareness they need to:
- recognise some of the traps a writer can fall into;
- understand the features of a plain English style;
- use a clear and concise style of writing to avoid wasting their reader’s time;
- identify the most appropriate report writing style for the intended audience; and
- be able to write and set out a model report.
If you have any questions about this course, or if you want to make a booking, please phone Terri on 01663 744409 or email email@example.com.