It is vital that information for patients is as clear and easy to understand as possible. This course looks at NHS Trust letters and leaflets as well as information and labelling on medicines you can buy without a prescription.
The course will interest you if you work for:
- the National Health Service;
- an NHS trust; or
- a company in the health sector.
The morning session will cover our main recommendations for clearer writing. (If you have been on the Plain English course, you will have already covered these recommendations.)
Examples will cover such techniques as:
- writing short sentences;
- using bullet points;
- using active, rather than passive, sentences; and
- using verbs to emphasise action.
The afternoon session will focus on design techniques and editing examples of medical literature.
The day is very interactive, and will include topics such as:
- hospital appointment letters;
- patient information leaflets; and
- 'over-the-counter' medicines.
If you have any questions about this course, or if you want to make a booking, please phone Terri on 01663 744409 or email email@example.com.