The first part of the course covers the principles of plain English. (Note: if you have been on the one-day ‘plain English course’ in the last year or so, you will find you have already covered these principles.)
The second part shows how to adapt these principles for a website, and covers other aspects of writing for websites.
The topics covered will include some of the following.
- Is the style appropriate for the audience?
- Shortening sentences.
- Suggestions for clear writing.
- Active writing.
- Righting some writing wrongs.
- Revealing the action.
- Bulleted lists.
- How to adapt your plain English writing for websites.
- Writing text links and ‘alt’ tags.
- Website accessibility and the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Privacy notices and legal disclaimers.
- How design can help.
The course timings are:
Lunch 12.30pm to 1.30pm
If you have any questions about this course, or if you want to make a booking, please phone Terri on 01663 744409 or email email@example.com.