(These timings are likely to vary)
9.30am Introduction to the course
9.50am The morning session will include some of the following.
- Is the information as clear as possible?
- Is the style appropriate for the audience?
- Shortening sentences
- Suggestions for clear writing
- Being active about passives
12 30pm Lunch
1.30pm The afternoon session will include some of the following.
- Righting some writing wrongs
- Revealing hidden verbs
- Using lists
- Organising and planning reports
- Outlining a short report
- Discussion on drafting a short report
There will be breaks for coffee and tea at 11am and 3pm, and lunch from 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
The course is designed to give delegates the skills and awareness they need to:
- recognise some of the traps a writer can fall into;
- understand the features of a plain English style;
- use a clear and concise style of writing to avoid wasting their reader’s time;
- identify the most appropriate report writing style for the intended audience; and
- be able to write and set out a model report.
If you have any questions about this course, or if you want to make a booking, please phone Terri on 01663 744409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.