On Friday 30 June 2000, we celebrated our first Crystal-clear day. This was a formal ceremony for Crystal Mark holders at Manchester United's stadium, Old Trafford. We presented special certificates to the following organisations for earning a landmark number of Crystal Marks.
Platinum certificate (100 Crystal Marks or more)
- AXA Sun Life
- NatWest Bank
Gold certificate (50 Crystal Marks or more)
- Cornhill Life plc
- National Power (formerly Midlands Electricity Board)
Silver certificate (25 Crystal Marks or more)
- Birmingham Specialist Community Health NHS Trust
- Cambridge City Council
- Consolidated and Financial Insurance Group
- DAS Legal Expenses Insurance
- Lawclub Legal Protection
- London Borough of Redbridge
- Newcastle City Council
- Norton Healthcare
- Pinnacle Insurance
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Royal London Mutual Insurance Society Limited
- Scottish Power
We also presented special bronze certificates to organisations that had not yet earned 25 Crystal Marks, but have made a particularly notable effort towards plain English:
- The Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority for their tireless crusade for plain English throughout the pensions world.
- Boots Pensions for sheer determination in working towards crystal-clear documents.
- Colonial Financial Services UK for their support in making Plain English Campaign's A to Z guide available to everybody.
Also at the ceremony, Aon Adjudication Services collected the Honesty Mark earned by their complaints pack.
Plain English Champions
To mark Crystal-clear day, we honoured the first seven entrants to our 'hall of fame' for personal contribution to the crusade for plain English.